Find Your Next Position
What You’ve Needed
Job Title: Director, Strategic Relations
Org. Type: Medical Research Foundation
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Reporting to the Founder/Chief Mission Officer & Brand President, the Director, Strategic Relations
will strengthen and enhance high-level strategic relationships for the Founder/Chief Mission Officer
(CMO) and Brand President, while strengthening and amplifying the Founder and organization brands
through this work. Strong relationships with thought leaders, celebrities, donors/philanthropists and
industry leaders are critical to both brands and the ability of the organization to achieve its mission of
accelerating a cure for every patient. Primary duties include:
• Work with Founder/CMO & Brand President to build and/or cultivate strong relationships with
approximately 150 influencers, partners and donors at the highest-level. These include but are not
limited to donors ($500K+), media, healthcare thought leaders/influencers, industry and academic
partners, celebrities/Honorary Board members, and leadership of other disease organizations.
• Work with Founder/CMO & Brand President to identify and engage top-tier, next level strategic
partners and leaders outside of the organization and help expand these relationships to extend
progress and impact.
• Track and share relevant news releases and articles impacting strategy and business including:
myeloma, cancer, business opportunities, technology, major donors, media & influencers,
Honorary Board and celebrity friends, and, as appropriate, provide recommendations in terms of
follow-up and engagement.
• Spearhead strategy and execution for all pre-meeting preparation and post-meeting follow-up
with audiences identified above.
• Study and understand the healthcare landscape to identify and recommend thematic opportunities
for communication of thought leadership for the Founder/CMO.
• Support/build Founder/CMO & Brand President’s brand thought leadership platform digitally (to
complement speaking, writing and media work).
• Liaise with Marketing and Development teams to ensure development and timely distribution of
content to build and strengthen these key relationships.
• Identify up and coming partners and other thought leaders in our space
• Identify new speaking opportunities for Founder/Chief Mission Officer & Brand President
• Work with Founder/CMO & Brand President to run specific meetings as needed (including but
not limited to planning, execution, follow-up activities), e.g., the Leadership Forum (of leading
Bachelor’s degree or higher; MBA strongly preferred. Minimum of 5+ years’ experience preferably in a
brand-focused role within an innovative and disruptive direct-to-consumer for-profit organization.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Exceptional oral and written communication skills,
including experience with public speaking. Intellectual curiosity; a critical and strategic thinker with a
commitment to innovation and problem-solving. Dynamic, highly responsive, flexible and self-directed
with the ability to rapidly integrate into the organization’s culture.
The Philanthropic Staffing Group
make sure you don’t miss out on any awesome job opportunities.
The Attention You Need
Push your way to the front of the job market by letting The Philanthropic Staffing Group
for Nonprofits help you find the perfect job. We’ll help you acquire all the tools you need to find the perfect job — come by for a talk today. Hunting for your next job is so much easier when you rely on The Philanthropic Staffing Group
for Nonprofits. Contact us today to make sure you don’t miss out on any awesome job opportunities.