Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary and Benefits: $85K-$95K
Location: Remote (NYC)
Reporting to the AVP of Finance, the Finance Manager is responsible for leading the Finance Operations
Team of A/R and AP in the New York office. Primary responsibilities include managing and supervising
closely the centralized A/R and A/P staff who act as customer service and processing support center for
the organization’s offices and employees in the chapters, regions, and departments. The position closely
monitors high performance standards of the centralized data processing and disbursement processing and
payment centers and continuously seeks opportunities for improvement to ensure accuracy and timely
financial operations and excellence in customer service support to the donor giving experience as well as
enhancing vendor relationships. This position is also responsible to work closely with the Technology
Operations Team to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies in streamlining processes across all
systems (especially, CRM- Salesforce, MSD -Financial and Fundraising systems).
Primary duties include:
• Oversee day-to-day operations and processing of accounts receivable and accounts payables
• Ensure the complete, accurate and timely processing of all transactions (donations and
disbursements) in accordance with established service levels required for each area
• Maintain and establish benchmarking report that will enable to compare A/P and A/R functions to
other companies with similar level of automation and organizational structures
• Provide daily guidance and coaching to donation processing and accounts payable specialist
team, including acting as an escalation point of contact for internal and external issues
• Support training and development within the team and with continuous improvements to
processes and procedures across the organization
• Work closely with the Senior Accountant on ensuring donation of stocks are identified and
credited to the appropriate chapters and tax acknowledgements are issued accurately and in a
• Communicate with financial advisors and donors, as necessary, to resolve issues, address inquires
and provide general support.
• Take the lead in ensuring the accurate processing of 1099 reportable income statements to
• Primarily responsible for managing the case management system queue, allocating and assigning
cases to the team based on workload and subject matter expertise
• Act as main contact person on all bank relationships of the company and facilitate the updating of
signatories and all processes related to the operating bank account.
• Oversee and ensure the timely reconciliation of bank accounts and all cash receipts processes
assigned to direct reports, the Donation Processing Specialist.
• Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of the organization.
• Understand the strategic direction and purpose of the department and conform to stated strategies
and business needs.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
BA and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in C\centralized A/R and A/P with a not for profit
organization. Experienced leader, with a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience. Experience
working with ERP System (Centralized A/P and General Ledger Module) and CRM or other complex
donation processing systems. Salesforce highly preferred. Experience working with a contracted
centralized check and data processing vendor required. Ability to discern and adapt to variable volumes of
work including periods of very high volume. Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
prioritize work. Effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time
management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and
high level of professionalism. Enthusiastic in communicating and engaging with employees and
volunteers in providing donor processing/cash receipts support. Proactive in seeking ways to
improve/enhance process workflow and performance. Ability to work and make judgments independently
and take initiative. Self-starter that requires little supervision. Demonstrate sound business judgement to
recognize issues that should be escalated to subject-matter experts for further handling. Be flexible,
adaptable, people oriented with strong supporter care focus. Proactive, with a “can do” attitude, always
results driven to improve performance.
The Philanthropic Staffing Group